Sellack camping trip

Do I want to go too Ex moor?

Umm, Not really!

Do I want to go to Pembroke?

That might be a tad to far for one night!

How about the Gower?

Ok, lets do it! 2 cars, 8 mates, kayaks and sun.. Happy days!

Mr L texts me.. Can't book any campsites, Sellack ok?

Waheyy!!!

At 12.30 on Saturday I left work and drove back home. Fuzz called, he had just got in Mr L's car. They were going to Morrisons to get supplies.

On that, I packed my bag, Tied my laces and I was out the door. The route I chose was an 8 mile jobby, what followed the river out to Foy and then around to Sellack where I would meet them.

This is the second time I have done this, I love the feeling of warmth as I am running out along the river. Today, unlike most days, there were no dramas. I did stop to have a pee and a "pelaton" of Ramblers marched by me. Meaning I at to cut the flow and just pretend I was looking at the Tree's on a lovely sunny day! 

After 50 Minutes of running, I was there!

Sellack = Jumping into cold water! On a hot day, when your body temperature is up, there is no better feeling than jumping into the river and pushing against the current. It is also great for your cardiovascular health and muscle recovery! (note to reader and Health and safety enthusiast.. This is done in shallow water and I know at any time I can get to safety.. Don't try this at home!)

After Sunbaving and Banter. Lift back to Ross, to pack my stuff, to the car, to pick up D man, to the Chinese, to Morrisons, to Sellack to drop off D man and Chinese, then to a meal with Dad and Mr N up at the Travelers, forgetting to get changed. So sitting in the travelers rest in swimming shorts and a running top.. not good! 

Next back out to Sellack...

D man inspecting the tent

Mr L having a good old sort out

D man, Luke and Mr L

Very patriotic

Mr L swigging scrumpy and Luke in his "zone"

Luke and Fuzz

D Man and Fuzz

Luke and Mr L cooking Bacon and sausages.. lovely :)

Mr L's Saxo. or, an upside down Saxo on 2 kayaks!   


The evening went with;

  • Me and D man bringing back trees to burn
  • Fuzz and D man eventually walking home
  • Owen walking home along the river because he could not sleep
  • Me, Mr L and Luke faced with a Herefordshire Bull, whilst cooking Breakfast.
  • between the 3 of us, working out the best way how to get a 6 man tent, 2 stoves, clothing and 2 Kayaks back to the cars, via a field with a Bull, Cows and Calfs! 
I do love these trips, there is always great follow up banter, fantastic memories...

This is How to make a good summer!  

What next?

With My Birthday, followed by a foam party in Clyro and camping in 3 consecutive weeks. Feeling like having a week off...

Camping in Cornwall? Dad? Mr N? Lets go...

Comments

Popular Posts