6 steps to the perfect weekend!

1, England vs San Marino at Wembley

Friday's at College at the moment can go 2 ways, its either, stay on till 5 and get work sorted, or 1pm everybody out the door. Last Friday pulled it out the bag with a 11.30 AM leave from college! Got home, Got changed and met up with the D man, Dales dad, Rich and DJ. We left about 2.30 in the afternoon, plenty of time! (so we thought).

It was 6.30pm, on a Friday Just entering London on the M4. As you can imagine, traffic was not good. The Sat Nav told us to leave at the next Junction, only 6 miles to Wembley.. Happy days! 6 miles to cover and 1.30 to do it in, we could walk that! :)

As it happened, the traffic was a stand still, imagine 90,000 people all going to the same place, as well as Friday rush hour traffic!

8pm came and went, we were still sat in the car. If you watched the game you would of noticed that it was empty for the first 30 minutes, that's because we were sat with them all on the roads going in.

As it happened we got there 30 minutes into the game, minutes after Rooney scored a Penalty!

Top seats thanks to D man

Myself and D man

Joe Hart, looking busy?

D man
After the game, more traffic! But eventually made it to the motorway. Burger King and Coffee and 153 miles of driving tunes!

Big thank you to Mark (Dales Dad) being a hero and pulling it out of the bag! He was up since 4, worked until 2 then drove us to London and back. We ended up getting in at 2.30 in the morning. I don't know what he was taking, put it this way, I want some! (Anti doping BTW!)

2, Work

Ok, not everyone's idea of the perfect weekend. However, I absolutely love my Saturday morning slot. specially with only 3 hours sleep under my belt. There's always lots of Banter with colleagues, Biscuits to be eaten, Coffee to be drank and some great customers ( Trade account and public) and its all only until 1pm!

3, Worcestershire Beacon Race

1pm, shop closes, into the car... Over to Malvern for a race I think! Just under 300 runners entered, it was a fantastic atmosphere. Each one of them set off like gazelles.

For once, I was wise. I could see they were all going to use up there ATP taps and smash out there Glycogen stores to early on. So I held back. Climbed the toughest of the Hills, what happened?

A sea of walkers who set off to early, as I suspected! So flew past them, around the mountain, straight back down and a nice ATP use up (sprint finish!). Just to put a signature on it!

26th out of the 300, which was fantastic seeing as I just turned up on the off chance to race and I started at the back!

After that, nice Roast dinner at Wetherspoons...

:D

4, pub!

A weekend is not a weekend if you don't meet up with a couple of Mates at the Pub. Even though not much Alcohol is consumed, its really nice to have a catch up and put the world to right. Also, always nice to have a chat with the Jocky staff as well!

5, Sunday Morning run

Ok, so there was a race the day before, however it is important to get out and flush the lactic out of your muscles.

There is not better way than going out with Heather and Andrew on a 6 mile run up the Woods in the crisp morning sun.

Nothing more warming than when you hit a open field with the sun beating down on you, warmed up the hands and the soul a treat!

It was also nice to be able to have a catch up!

6, Meal in Newport

Its always a step out the ordinary when my Dad as a day off work on a Sunday. So this week we met at my Nan's and Myself, Nan, Kirstyn (cousin), Nathan and Dad went out. Again, was really nice to catch up.

I am sure they won't mind me saying but Steve ( my uncle) ran the most amount of Marathons in his running club in Newport last year.

He also pulled me the last 6 miles of the Wye Valley Marathon last year when I was hanging, He bigged me up when I was falling, legend!

also, My cousin Kirstyn who as started Cycling at the Velodrome and wanting to do a Triathlon in the coming months... Zoom, Zoom, Zoom!

So there you go, 6 steps to the perfect weekend...


Happy days! = ]





 

Comments

Popular Posts