"We are listening and we're not blind. This is your life, this is your time" - Snow patrol called out in the dark

And there is relevance to the title!

A lot of people say that because you lead a very active life in your early 20's, by your mid 40's your going to have crappy knees, ankles and everything else. Well, I have been doing some research....

Tim noaks suggests "whereas many people believe that joints must be protected as you age, the evidence clearly is that moderate running for life does not increase the risk of developing osteoarthritis."

There is more but I don't wish to bore. 

I am not arguing that from running, and other weight bearing sports such as football, rugby, weight lifting etc isn't going to have its effect, to the same point that playing on the Xbox all day will have its effects.

So I tell you what... You play on your Xbox and smoke more than a steam train, I will run 50 miles... lets see who suffers the most in later life!

On that happy, yet argumentative note, I'm only 4 Sundays away from my first ultra, and yes... I am "bricking" myself!

My training as been blotchy due to my Soleus issue and other factors ( Like silly people who can't drive their Japanese cars around Hereford!)

However, the miles I have been doing, have been quality. No more so than the weekend just gone where I was out for 5 hours on a rainy/ windy/ cold Sunday morning. (N.B smooth 80's fringe and painfaces!)










Happy days! =]

Comments

Popular Posts