Brecon visit

With only 2 Training Sundays left before I embark on my debut ultra, I have been reading blogs, magazines and listening to ultra talk radio. Not 100% sure why, guess its a case of searching for justification! 

So, a trip to Brecon (The start line of the race) with Dale, Domi and L Dawg seemed the right thing to do. The idea was too just have a wander around, walk a bit of the trail and try to book an hotel.

49.5 miles to Cardiff!
I have decided after this I am going to take a break from running, I'm a little bit nervous about the physiological effects taking on 50 mile challenges for a 20 year old (From what I have read it can be the worst thing you could do, on the other hand it could be the best thing!).

So, think I will just stick to shorter runs, a lot more cycling and I'm hoping to dip my toe into the world of boot camp training. 

The training is done, the kit as been purchased and the race as been entered... Lets see what happens! =]
 

Comments

Popular Posts