Here, right now....

I'm a blog reader and I must admit I can't stand reading through pages and pages about how people have some sort of injury, or how at mile 20 they felt a bit tired.

That said blogging is a fantastic way of keeping up with people who you don't see very often and its always good to (in the words of my mum) "have a nose". Then there's other blogs that you follow religiously for inspiration (or to steal).

Then whilst wandering aimlessly around the world wide, I found this dude

He's a Ultra runner who use to surf when he lived in Hawaii. On this particular post that I was reading, he writes about how he use to surf with a friend who had the words "Be Here Right Now" on the middle of his surf board.

He goes on to state that "The great thing about this philosophy is that it makes the past great with amazing memories and it makes the future bright because we know that whatever we will be doing will be 'the good and right thing'."

I would like to expand on that;

June a year ago (day after Glasto) I went out for a run at about 11 o clock at night with no real plan. I was only wearing a T shirt and an old pair of shorts. That night I must have run about 20 miles (Pre-GPS watch) from Ross, out to Kern bridge, up lower Lydbrook hill, through the forest, past the speech house, back through Mitcheldean, Lea Baily and back into Ross.

What was I thinking? Not a lot to be honest, it wasn't training.

It was pitch black, I could see the stars very, very clear. What more did I need? I was the most content I have ever been!

I got back in about 3 am and my Mum asked where I had been, I just said "for a long walk" (I didn't have the balls to say "I've just ran 20 miles through the forest in the middle of the night!") I went on to ask her "what ever happens, get me up at 6 for work."

The next day at work I felt so alive, I couldn't tell anybody about my adventure, know one else would understand! I just decided to keep a spring in my step and keep living for the moment and always trying the best you can in that moment... simple!

Brings me swiftly back to that guys surfboard "Be Here Right Now". Think its time to review a couple of things? You won't regret it!





Comments

Popular Posts