My legs still hurt from my attempt at speed work..

...Must be the lactate acid!

Basically, there are three Different types of muscle fibers

Type 1- or "slow twitch". These are aerobic muscles which means that use Oxygen. This is the main set that Marathon runners and long distance cyclists use.

Type 2a- This is the slow/fast twitch fibers. or aerobic and anaerobic muscle Fibers. This is the set you would use on a 1 Mile dash

Type 2b- this is the flat out, fast twitch fibers. also known as anaerobic fibers. This set does not use Oxygen. Instead it uses your ATP tap. with this muscle fiber, you have about 10 seconds of usage.. so Usain Bolt is the king of fast twitch!

However, with training you can transform Type 2b to Type 2a, which means you can go faster for longer.

When you use Type 2a and 2b, lactate acid kicks in big time...

So, if I can't walk for the next week... Can I blame this?

Let me know...





Comments

Popular Posts