Cycling commutes

This as turned into a bit of a dog to be honest.

At the start of the year I set myself the goal of riding 50 times throughout the year to the place of work or college.
The idea was to challenge myself along side reducing my carbon footprint! Started off fantastic with once a week. It even turned into twice a week.

However, what with Holidays, crappy weather and other commitments; I have found myself sacking off rides for commutes in the car.

The stats are;

31 Commutes (since 1st Jan 2012)
36 weeks have gone by
16 more weeks (until 1st Jan 2013)
19 more commutes

do-able? of cause it is! I'm taking up Saturday commutes, along side Thursday commutes. I also plan to ride to College a couple of times a week. Not just for this goal, but to cut my fuel cost and reduce my footprint.

Lets just hope I can keep it up now falls coming...

Also,

The reason I decided to return to college was not for the early finishes, however it is a mega bonus!

Afternoon + quiet single lanes + sunny day riding = Happy days!

Zen time..
Can't wait for the course work to start rolling in!! = ]

Comments

Popular Posts