Claud Butler Regent 08



Just found these pictures of my old Claud Butler. The story behind this bike was that me and a mate was going to travel around Ireland for 6 weeks.
However, 2 months before we were about to leave my mate fell off his bike in a road traffic accident. so unfortunately it never happened. 

Since then this Claud Butler as been used for commutes to Hereford, cycling 250 miles across wales,  48 mph down the side of Hay bluff in the snow and Ice, Cotswold's 2 day bike ride, 1 day enduro 100 mile ride and of cause It was used to get into Glastonbury festival! (just for the good camping and toilets what you get for cycling!)

I have also used it in some Sunday bike rides with the Hereford wheelers cc, Porthcawl with Luke and Dale and of cause I at to try out some cycle-cross with it!

Its a real sad moment when its time to say good bye to a bike, specially such a trustworthy old brute like the Claud. As its gone in part ex for my cube, I hope someone out there will buy it and enjoy it as much as I have. 

Time to start a new chapter in my cycling life..




Comments

Popular Posts