Busy Busy times!

After a week of repetative coughing, sneezing and general down in the dumps, it felt good to be on the start line of the Muddy Woody 6! :)

It was very tough. When you wasn't trying to negotiate a vertical slippery hill, you were running through muscle cooling streams! Not to mention the constant threat of frost and Ice!
As always I set off like a an elite athlete, but within 3 mile and a couple of verticle sections, I was soon put back in my place! (But then I was ill the week before, don't think I mentioned that!!)

Overall I came 30th out of 299 with a time of 53.44. Room for improvement.

Also, Im still knocking out the Herefordshire county XC. Bit of a shock reading the paper the other day to find out I was the 2nd under 20!

Next week Im trying the Icebreaker out at Eastnor castle. Thats 10k running 20k mountain biking and a 3k sprint to the finish. I have to admit that I have never raced on a bike before and especially not off road, so should be fun!

Happy days :)

Comments

Popular Posts