Happy Sunday!

And what better way to hit the Sunday feeling than heading to Crickhowell for the Black Mountain Trail Race.... that doesn't actually take you over a mountain. More a steep hill. And a few styles. 

So yeah, was a sunny day, all good fun! 4.5 miles out and back, water and punching the timing chip wrist thing half way, and then back. 

I didn't have my race head on today, I was just out for a run, this reflected in the days 'performance'. But, I don't really care! 

To be honest in recent months I have lost sight in why we do this. Turning up to races week in week out, with the mantra of "did you smash it?" Ringing in your ears. I mean I get it, they're races "Go hard or go home". But surely there's more to it than that. 
The community being one of them, over the past 7 years I have met some amazing people and many opportunities have came from knowing such people, and yes. Thank you! 

The fact that you get to run in some amazing places! Today I ran from Crickhowell to Llanbedr. I wouldn't even look twice at these places if it wasn't for events such as these. 

Motivation is also a key thing. On a Sunday morning, I would struggle to run at race pace over some crazy ass vertical ascent! However, put a race number on and that's just what we do! 

That's just 3 reasons why I justify spending my weekends entering events. I'm not the fastest, or particularly talented. 

Anyway... how was your weekend? Let me know in the comments! 


Comments

Popular Posts