Not very often I'll finish a run on a downer....

.... But today was the day when I could have sacked it off! 

Long story short- 

Got invited out to Coleford last night for a few drinks. Few drink turned into more and at around 12:30 ish thought it was time to get home and get horizontal.

Up at 7am.... Coffee, more coffee and another. Three cups later I was ready to get out. 

The course had changed out at Monkhall since the last time I took part 4 (!) years ago. (1 year ago I did take part, but pulled out after 1 mile due to injury) 

It was tough! 2x3.2 miles of muddy, undulating, painful, field running. I think it was the first time in a couple of years where there was not one part of the race I enjoyed! 

However: positives! 

Good team banter, good photos beforehand and good coffee at the end! 


Comments

Popular Posts