Croft XC

365 days, 4 seasons, 12 months= A year.

It also means Croft XC comes around for the 28th time!

However you always seem to forget how much it hurt the last time you done it!



Out of the Valley-

Pullin came home 2nd overall (Mr Consistency), followed by Mason (even though hes only running 10 miles a week, he still manages a 3rd place, pretty amazing?!) Mike Fawcett came in 9th and my Ultra running ( Fellow Mentalist) Alan Lewis came in 13th. Scott Kennedy came in soon after with an impressive 15th place.

After this there was a bit of a fight between myself and Dan Phillips. For the last 3 months or so we have been running pretty close to each other with our first outing at the Hereford 10 mile where he pitted me to the finish with less than 1 mile to go!

Again it was close, 2nd lap on the hill I caught him, 2nd lap going down the slippery hill; he caught me!
3rd lap going up the hill, I overtook him. 3rd lap coming down the Hill, he had me! Then I upped myself to try and catch him, but to no avail. he came 25th and I followed 20 odd seconds after with a 27th!

Despite all that drama, it still reminds me of how far and how fast people can improve! And I think these local cross country events are a great place to show off what local talent there is.

All in the comfort of knowing Sarah's homemade flapjack and a coffee is at the end of it.

Well done to everyone,

what a fantastic day out! :D

Also Thanks to Phil Butler for the lift and all the great long distance running tips he was giving me, really appreciate it!




Comments

Popular Posts