Bog & Bryn Challenge


And it lived up to its name...

The race was hosted by the Fairwater Cwmbran runners, this was their debut.

In short:- The Bog outweighed the Bryn to a ratio of 5:2. Sounds good, however the Bog was very, very Boggy and the Bryn (Hill in welsh, don't you know?) were sharp elevations where you found yourself with your arms on your thighs pushing yourself along.


Negotiating some of the Bog.



Copy of the profile
Unfortunately I didn't get any photo's of the hills we at to climb, but the views were amazing!

I would definitely be doing it again. Free cake and Coffee, great runners, great Marshaling all for £12 on the day entry!

Cardiff Ultra

As per previous post I was iffing and arring if to or not too. I mean 50 miles, on my legs, in one day?!

So, as with most great ideas; I slept on it, I researched it, however I still couldn't make up my mind!

Then Friday night AGM at the Wye Valley runners, Alan said he was doing it... if he can do it, I can? He is a stronger runner than me, however 5 months to train? Better find out I guess...



Better get training! =]

updated 05/11/12

Blog followers check out  www.samlawrence1992.wordpress.com Work in progress, but worth a check every so often!

Comments

Popular Posts