Failure is rarely fun..


.. Trust me, I know! For the last 6 weeks I feel as though I start every race thinking that I am going to get a PB or an age category win. Unfortunately, as life is life I don’t always come first in my age group and I don’t always get a PB.

So in which case, should I start every race with failure as my objective? Well, according to ancient philosophers in Greece and Rome that the way to succeed and to be happy in life is to think negative. Which, if you think of it makes absolute sense! 

Every week I set myself up to keep up with faster people, every day I set myself up to sell more, I tell myself that I’m going to ride my bike more than drive and I think that a start of a new day means that I am given another chance to be a more compassionate and more “at one” with myself person. 

However, every day I fail!

So what’s the answer? Shall I become a negative person? Shall I set up to fail?

Screw that…

As in the film Good Will Hunting...

Do you like apples?

Yeah, I like apples…

How do you like these f*cking apples?!


Comments

Popular Posts