It's beginning to look alot like christmas....



And don't my ever expanding waist line know it!

It's a great time of year to catch up on eating (In all, 5 meals to be consumed before the "Big" day!)

Every year I say that i'm not partaking in christmas, however I just know it's going to pull it out of the proverbial bag!

So whats been occurin?

Rogue Runs Night Race
Night Races are always good fun, I always struggle to motivate myself but when I'm out there doing it, I absolutely love it. I set off like a Gazelle, like always and within 3 miles of a 6 mile race I had to engage the diesel after burners and just accept that I was not as fast as others. Still, 4th out of 60 odd is not a bad feat!

Snowdon walking

Every now and then it's always good fun to just drop everything for the weekend and go away. This time Wilden, Owen, Alex and I decided to hit the North Wales mountains and stayed at a Youth Hostel at Pen-Y-Pas. Would I recommend it? Oh yes! The atmosphere at the Hostel was brilliant (Especially with copious amounts of the house wine!) and the walking was good too. Slave-maker mad man Wilden decided to pace, after a 30 mile week, my legs were ready to implode!

Forest Running

I've been working on the mantra of "When he's training, im not, and when we meet- he will win!". So taking this into account I have been running like a mad man (and it seems to be paying off!). Hill reps, 9 mile Fod and speed work all are included within this programme. Will be interesting to see what happens in the spring. Will I see improvements? Will I be faster? We will see! But enthusiasm from the new club and some already "Good" places- should be a good season!

Peace out!

Comments

Popular Posts