New year, new skills and new adventures!


So, like a blink of an eye the month of January is no more. This means the nights are drawing out and spring is just around the corner. = ]

This year’s target was “New year, new skill” and the new skill I have chosen is guitar playing. Reason being is I have never played an instrument; music lessons at school are just full of embarrassing bad memories. Anyway, after the last 6 months of hearing inspiring tales off Lawrence, Owen and Paul from work. I’ve decided to give it a go and just hope for the best. I’m starting with the basics, working on the general idea  of looking at the guitar strings and remembering E,A,D,G,B,E and attempting to move between E minor to A minor and D major every 4 strums. I’ve downloaded a metronome programme off button beats (www.buttonbeats.com). Should be interesting to see how far I get with this challenge, If I will succeed or will I just drop it like other challenges in the past.


All the gear and no idea!
January was also the month of snow, which is always good fun! This meant building snow men with N man out in the square and beasty snow ball fights! However, the sting in the white stuffs tail was as I was driving down a main road, someone came up off the side road without looking. Luckily I’m fine, unfortunately the PFY car isn’t! At this time I’m waiting for the car to be valued to see how much I have towards another one. Bit of a setback, but these things happen! 

Another highlight of the month of January was that I got back into running! With college I designed a 6 week training program which started on the 11th January. So far, so good! I’m trying to make progress with training, however I am still very conscious of my injury, I really do not want another setback in my training! I’ve also been given a 50 mile training plan off Alan, so just this week I’ve started doing that as well. I’m a little bit apprehensive about the 90 minute runs and the 3 hour runs that are based on Saturday and Sunday, however as long as I keep making progress I should be back up there soon.


So to say the least, the first 4 weeks of January have been rammed pack!

So the first Sunday in February it only seemed right to go for a 10 mile walk/ run up the woods on a cool sunny morning. This meant going through streams, mud and there were a lot of brambles. Made it difficult, however its always good fun to go on adventures!= ] 

Sign of a good Sunday morning
Only a scratch

I wasn't exactly going to get away without putting this picture on here, Love it!

Comments

Popular Posts